Friends of all saints' primary school (PTA)
Chair Lucyina Moodie
Vice Chair Debs Prosser
Treasurer Oyindamola Ugbebor
Secretary Gabi Adams
Committee Member Natasha Smith
Committee Member Kim Elson
Committee Member Gity Webb
Committee Member Laura Salter
Committee Member Rachel Landon
Committee Member Anna Rioland
Committee Member Julie Alford
Committee Member Gulistan Parker
The Friends of All Saints' School exists to raise funds and organise social events for the school. All parents and staff of the school are automatically members of Friends and are welcome to attend all events and help organise new ones. We have a Friends committee, made up of parents, parent governors and staff. Parents are very welcome to join the committee; it is a good way to get involved in the life of the school.
We hold a committee meeting every half term and set up smaller working groups to organise activities and events. You do not need to be a member of the committee to get involved in organising activities. We also work very closely with the class reps to co-ordinate activities across the whole school.
All parents are very welcome to our AGM which is held in November each year. At this meeting, we review the accounts and present what has happened over the year and what the money raised has gone towards at the school.
If you would like further information about the Friends, please contact Luce Moodie or email email@example.com.
Friends of All Saints' School Blackheath can earn cash donations when people register with easyfundraising.org.uk and shop online through the site. It's a really simple process, all you have to do is:
- Register at www.easyfundraising.org.uk
- When you're asked to choose your cause, select Friends of All Saints' School Blackheath.
- Get shopping - it couldn't be easier!
There are over 2,700 online retailers available, including Amazon, John Lewis, eBay and Tesco and all will give a small percentage of what's been spent back to Friends of All Saints' School Blackheath to say thank you for shopping with them.
All those small amounts add up to raise valuable funds that we can use to help the school and our children.
Although we raise funds through lots of different activities, we are always incredibly grateful to receive donations.
How to donate:
- via cash in an envelope left at the school office for Chair of Friends;
- by cheque in an envelope made payable to “Friends of All Saints’ School” left at the school office for Chair of Friends;
- through link https://www.paypal-donations.co.uk/pp-charity/charity.jsp?NP_ID=59445 – this is our charity paypal account and enables you to register to gift aid your donation which means we can receive more from your donation.
Corporate Charitable Donations
Many companies offer “pound-for-pound” charitable donation schemes where, for example, your company will match up to £500 of funds raised per employee on an annual basis. In some cases, there are limitations on the types of charity that can benefit, but in many cases there are no restrictions. If you could help the Friends in this way, please come and speak to any of the Friends Committee.
Job Description: Friends’ Committee Member
Accountable to: Friends of All Saints’ School (PTA)
Committee Members work alongside the Officers, the headteacher and the parent governors on the Friends Committee. They require enthusiasm, energy and the ability to work with others.
Job Purpose Committee members work with the rest of the Friends in organizing events; they ensure good communication with the rest of the school and encourage participation and enthusiasm for the events organised by the Friends.
- To help with communication of events
2. To help organise the events that form part of the Friends’ programme.
3. To support other fundraising initiatives that the Friends pursue.
4. To attend Friends committee meetings.
5. To welcome and involve other parents into the Friends.
6. To assist with the wider school community engagement in Friends (class representatives, use of local contacts and skills).
7. To uphold the status of the Friends as a registered charity and to ensure the Friends functions within the Charity Commission’s guidelines.
8. To ensure the Friends functions within its constitution.
Term of Office
The position is appointed at the AGM and is generally held for three years.
Job Description: Class Reps
Class Reps ensure good communication with the parents and teachers of their class. They organise social events for the parents & carers of their class. They may organise small projects for the school, organise stalls and helpers for Summer and Christmas Fairs and help out where they can with Friends’ events.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Maintain a class list, email distribution group and text message group where possible.
2. Forward Friends newsletters and other emails to their class.
3. Welcome new parents to the school.
4. Liaise with class teacher for any specific help required for class.
5. Help to arrange social events for their class.
6. Help out at and recruit volunteers for Friends event.